In accordance with state mandates, your child may not attend the learning center, or will be sent home, if she/he exhibits any of the following symptoms of illness:
- Diarrhea – more then one abnormally loose stool.
- Severe coughing, high-pitched croupy or whooping sounds;
- Difficult or rapid breathing.
- Yellowish skin or eyes.
- Pinkeye-tears, redness of eyelid lining, irritation and swelling or discharge.
- Unusual spots or rashes.
- Sore throat or trouble swallowing.
- An infected skin patch(es).
- Unusually dark, tea-colored urine.
- Gray or white stool.
- Fever over 100 F by mouth or 99 F under the arm.
- Headache and stiff neck.
- Severe itching of the body or scalp.
A child must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to the center. Many medications help alleviate ill symptoms and even though a child may appear to feel better, he or she is still sick and contagious and must recuperate in the comfort of his or her home. Parent cooperation in following the above guidelines is expected.